When exhaustion sets in....

 I apologize deeply that I have been remiss in my blog updates lately. Long story short, grad school is kicking my hiney. Really. But that being said, I have had some incredible opportunities this summer that I can't wait to catch you up on. For one, I was able to join in as a pilot rater for the writing portfolio project with ETS and TEA. Yeah. Seriously. I was ecstatic! I have a lot to tell you about this - just not tonight. What on my agenda now is prepping for my Literacy Conference 2017 presentation on using mentor texts in the classroom. I will be relying heavily on Ruth Culham's The Writing Thief and works by Don Killgallon and Jeff Anderson. That being said, I would love some input. How do you use mentor texts in your classroom? Do you have any favorite mentor texts?
If you want to know more about The Writing Thief, check on the video from Culham below. I promise to update more soon!


Comments

Popular Posts