Awakened Book Study

Things have been crazy around here lately! So many changes in my life. First of all, I finally graduated from West Texas A&M University with my master's in Curriculum and Instruction. As well, my family has undergone a move to start with a new district! As we sit an await the new school year, I have been reflecting on the many wonderful opportunities, lessons, and experiences I have be afforded throughout my career. Perhaps, the best opportunity I was given was the chance to be trained as a Reading Recovery teacher. I learned so much through this experience about reading, children, and myself. This opportunity came right on the heels of one of the most stressful years of teaching I had experienced. I was exhausted, exasperated, and felt like I was no longer an effective teacher. Whether I had been beaten down by my own mind or by the system itself, I was unsure, but I knew that change was necessary. What I didn't know was that the change God provided in my career would also lead me into a change in mindset. During my training I was introduced to a book that allowed me a great amount of insight into my own thoughts and perceptions. This book, Awakened - Change Your Mindset to Transform Your Teaching from Angela Watson was a Godsend.
Are you where I was? Or even where I am now? Do you need refreshment or rejuvenation? Then I highly recommend you take on this quick read before the new school year begins. I will be hosting a virtual book study through Facebook beginning July 9. I would love for you to join me on this journey to transform my mindset as I prepare for a new job in a new city! Hop on over to our Facebook page to find the link for this study group. I look forward to reading with you all!

Comments

Popular Posts